Thomas Z
Thomas Z, Mac Genius
Experience:  15 Years of Personal Experience on Mac, 6 months full time Computer Tech with Mac specialty

I have something called an R sitting on my desktop,

I have something called an R sitting on my desktop, the trash can't take it, I am told because the realplayer is still open. I need to trash this item as I do not want it to be seen by my partner, also how do I permanantly trash the trash? james graham
Category: Mac
Expert:  Thomas Z replied 7 years ago.
Go to the Finder and click on the Go menu and select Utilities.

Open up Activity Monitor.

Change the Drop down menu at the top of the window to read "All Processes"

Look through the processes and find a process with realplayer or real in the name. Select the process and click on the Quit Process button at the top left of the window. Try to drag the file into the trash and empty it.

If this does not work, restart your machine and hold down Shift as soon as your machine chimes. This will load your Mac in safe mode. It will only load the essential system files and allow you to delete the file.

Good luck and if this fixes your problem click on accept so the funds are released. Thanks for choosing JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i can't even see the finder where the hell is it it's not sitting on the top of the computer.
I also see many of stuff i have aleady trashed are still to be found sitting stored in (recent items) i must get rid of them all All help!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Although as i said in my second question i couldnt see where to find my finder, the actual item that i wanted to get rid of by some mysterious reason I have been now able to fipose of in to the trash..
.But my last question is how do I permenantly get rid of whats in the trash? jimmy