Thomas Z
Thomas Z, Mac Genius
Experience:  15 Years of Personal Experience on Mac, 6 months full time Computer Tech with Mac specialty

Can I get rid of the first three lines of my reply to email

Customer Question

Can I get rid of the first three lines of my "reply to" email responses? They refer to my address only. I would like to have "to:" only as responses to my e-mails.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Thomas Z replied 5 years ago.
Can you give me an example? Copy paste into this thread please.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
When I reply to an email I see on different lines Reply To:Reply To: XXXXX XXXXX: and finally , To: The first three lines have to do with my address and finally To: XXXXX XXXXX that I am sending the response to.
Expert:  Thomas Z replied 5 years ago.
Are you using Apple Mail?

Go to your finder and click on the Go menu at the top. Select Utilities and open Terminal (has a black icon, looks like a command prompt).
<br />
<br />copy and paste this in the terminal, hit Return when you paste it in:
<br />defaults delete com.apple.mail UserHeaders
<br />
<br />This will return your headers back to defaults.
Expert:  Thomas Z replied 5 years ago.
If you are using Thunderbird, this was a known issue that was fixed in a recent version of Tbird. Download it here:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have reinstalled www.Mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/ and I still get the first three lines of "reply to" referring to my address, and then "to" with the address of whomever I wish to send the reply to.

I started this correspondence with Thomas Z yesterday afternoon, then was called out.
Expert:  Thomas Z replied 5 years ago.
Alright, let us delete thunderbirds preferences. Make sure you are exited out of Thunderbird.

Go to:
Macintosh HD:Users:yourusername:Library:Preferences

Delete:
org.mozilla.thunderbird.plist

Start thunderbird and see if the problem still exists.

If it does, you will need to create a new profile as it may have become corrupted.

Again, quit Thunderbird and go to:
Macintosh HD:Users:yourusername:Library:Thunderbird

Move to Desktop:
Profiles folder

Start thunderbird and create a new profile and setup your e-mail server addresses.

This will fix your problem.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm still stuck on creating a new profile re the setup on e-mail server addresses. Eve
Expert:  Thomas Z replied 5 years ago.
Who is your e-mail provider? I will locate the server addresses for you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My provider is Comcast.net - email address XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX. Then to Foxfire amd then to Thunerb
Expert:  Thomas Z replied 5 years ago.
Comcast incoming mail server: mail.comcast.net
Comcast outgoing mail server: smtp.comcast.net