Thomas Z
Thomas Z, Mac Genius
Experience:  15 Years of Personal Experience on Mac, 6 months full time Computer Tech with Mac specialty

I replaced a keyboard on a macbook and when I put it back together

I replaced a keyboard on a macbook and when I put it back together it made a beeping sound and would not start up.
You have 3 beeps when your machine boots? Is this a macbook or a macbook pro?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It's a macbook. The beeping is continuous until I pull out the battery and unplug the machine.
Does it beep in strings of 3?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I just solved the problem. I hadn't closed the case properly when I reassembled it, so I took it apart, put it back together, and now it's working. The beeps weren't grouped in threes, and they sounded quite ominous! If you can figure out what they mean--or the three-beep grouped sounds for that matter--I would like to know.
Your RAM wasn't seated correctly. It is a common problem when reassembling a computer (or laptop for the matter)

Read here:

I was going to preempt you and tell you to reseat your memory, but I typically like to get all the facts first.

Enjoy your -like new- mac!