Thomas Z
Thomas Z, Mac Genius
Experience:  15 Years of Personal Experience on Mac, 6 months full time Computer Tech with Mac specialty
14387740

My camera works perfectly fine, but, in iChat, I am not able

My camera works perfectly fine, but, in iChat, I am not able to do video chat. When I go to Preferences - Audio/Video, I can see myself, but I am not able to do video chat.
Is the other party involved in the video chat on a Mac that has iChat AV?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes, i have had my computer since March 2008, and I was always able to do video chat with other mac users with Ichat, and all of a sudden im not able to. i have no altered anything, and the camera works just fine.
Can you do an audio chat with anybody? You can test this on me, I am online my AIM name is perpetualunity.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes i can do audio chat, and one way video chat, where i see the other person, but they can't see me. and they have to initiate the chat
We did a screen sharing session and deleted the iChat preferences, restarted iChat. It worked!