Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting
4906461

my mac book pro (OS X) was put to sleep and closed overnight

my mac book pro (OS X) was put to sleep and closed overnight and is non responsive upon wakeup - which included attempting to recharge battery, mouse click (both wireless and fingerpad) keyboard and power on/off button. it is still charging, the screen is completely black, keyboard buttons all off and non responsive (caps lock wont toggle) and i tried inserting a CD into the drive which it accepted but did not do anything to "wake" the screen. is there anything further i can try?
Hi.

Hold down your Power Button for at least 6-10 seconds until the Mac turns off.

Then restart it and hold down your Trackpad button until the disk ejects. This should get you running again.

Let me know if you need any more help,