John D
John D, BS Degree in Engineering
Experience:  Worked on Macs and PC's for 20+ years.
53785

I saved a document (pretrial statement) and it asked me if

I saved a document (pretrial statement) and it asked me if I wanted to replace an earlier version. I checked yes and then realized that I had saved an unrelated (motion) as the pretrial statement. I am running mac and wp3.5.4. Can I recover the last version of the pretrial statement that existed before I saved over the top of it?
Category: Mac
Expert:  John D replied 7 years ago.

Unless you have a backup copy of that file no software or tool will be able to recover a document which you have overwritten or saved over. Unlike deleting a document which in fact leaves it on the hard drive until a new file takes its place and hence may be recovered, overwritten documents are simply not there anymore. Unfortunately these are the hard facts.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.