Shawn, Computer Engineer
Experience:  15 years of Mac software and hardware troubleshooting experience, 10 years of programming experience

My old iMac died before I could retrieve data. Have a new iMac

Customer Question

My old iMac died before I could retrieve data. Have a new iMac (Dec. 2008). Is there any way I can get user name/password XXXXX my old iTunes account? Old account established approx. 2004-2005.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Shawn replied 7 years ago.

If you go to you should be able to retrieve your iTunes information.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions. Kind regards,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Your answer didn't help, I'd already tried there. The problem is I can't remember the user name/password. That's okay, though, I can live without iTunes. Thanks anyway. Of course I'll click the Accept button for payment.
Expert:  Shawn replied 7 years ago.
Hello Valerie,

I appreciate the accept, but would like to try and help you get back into iTunes still.

When you went to, there is a message on the screen that says "Forget your Apple ID?" Did you click on this and fill out the form that asks for your name and e-mail address? How did that work for you?

We'll get this figured out. :-)

Kind regards,