Dan - Master Tech
Dan - Master Tech, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  I have worked with Macs going back to the IIE. Installation, diagnostics, repair of all variations.

I just got cut off--did you get my question

Customer Question

I just got cut off--did you get my question?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dan - Master Tech replied 5 years ago.
Did you see the answer?
http://www.justanswer.com/questions/1or80-contacted-once-long-time-ago
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Igot cut off and could not finisn\h my quest for help. I again have a locked file on my desktop that I cannot unlock and trash. You folks have helped me with this and it worked. Was it you wo gave me an app called "Trashit". I am still on Mac OS 10.3.9.
I have posted an answer in the other thread.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Where is "the other thread?" Sorry to be so dumb.I checked the $30.00 amount but change it to $40.00/
Other thread link
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
     Been busy trying everything you have sent me. So far, no luck
at removing the locked folder. The Trashit will not download on
my computer. Any more ideas? I wish I could remember what I
could remember what I did the other time.
     The folder has a lock symbol and will not be removed or trashed
the regular way and cannot be renamed.
Do you have a root account enabled on your computer?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
     I don't have the faintest idea--sorry to be so dumb.
OK, this will give you "all encompassing" powers over your Mac. This is basically a user account with every privilege imaginable. If you can't delete a file from here, maybe dynamite is the answer. Here is a link to the procedure for enabling and logging into the root account:
Enabling "root" user account
This should enable you to do most anything. Just log into your root account (it may show up as Other on the login panel) and navigate to the file or folder and try to trash it. You might want to move the folder to the Macintosh HD=>Users=>Shared folder so it is easier to find when you log into the Root account.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
     Thank you!!! This is gonna take time. I'll have to get
back to you. Wish me luck. Allen
Good Luck!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Aloha from Hawaii
     Thanks a million times over! The errant locked folder is gone,
for good, I hope. I have learned about my computer stuff that I never
knew as well. None of the hard copy I have says anything about "root"
user account.
     This letter and its downloads will be kept filed away forever.
          Customer

I am happy to have been of service. Best wishes for the New Year from the mainland.
Experience: I have worked with Macs going back to the IIE. Installation, diagnostics, repair of all variations.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Aloha
     I can't get your accept thing to work--I'm trying to give you
$40.00 for your trouble.
               Allen
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
We got problems. Your payment system isn't working for me. You have
the right card apparently. It was renewed 04-08 to 04-11. the security
number is XXXXX I want to give you $40.00.
     Allen
I got the accept, thank you. If you care to add more there is a way to do it in the form of a bonus.
Thank you.<br />Dan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Did you get the added $25.00?   Allen
Yes, thanks again. Good luck with your newly acquired Mac super powers, be careful not to abuse them.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Aloha
     We got lost again. I did upgrade to OS 10.4.11. It improved many
things but my original still exists--I can't download anything from a
website. I get the "try a dffderent browser' again.
           Allen