Thomas Z
Thomas Z, Mac Genius
Experience:  15 Years of Personal Experience on Mac, 6 months full time Computer Tech with Mac specialty

I just got a 16GB Ipod Touch. Can I use it with my older Mac

I just got a 16GB Ipod Touch. Can I use it with my older Mac that has 10.3.9 on it or will I have to upgrade to 10.4?
You will need to upgrade to 10.4, since the new iPod Touch requres iTunes 8 and iTunes 8 requires Mac OS X 10.4.9

There ya go! Enjoy your new iPod :-)
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Where is the best place to buy the new upgrade and can I load it without doing anything to my current computer config.
I highly suggest skipping 10.4 and getting 10.5. I highly suggest going down to the Apple Store and purchasing it there. For $129, you can get Mac OS X 10.5 aka Leopard.

When you Install Leopard, do so as an upgrade and it will preserve your users, settings and documents.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you!
You are most welcome, happy new year and thank you for choosing JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Happy New Year!