Thomas Z
Thomas Z, Mac Genius
Experience:  15 Years of Personal Experience on Mac, 6 months full time Computer Tech with Mac specialty
14387740

I have two problem with iMac desk top. 1. my apple wireless

I have two problem with iMac desk top. 1. my apple wireless mouse not able scroll upward. Downward I can scroll. 2 numeric keys at the keyboard suddenly stopped working.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Thomas Z replied 5 years ago.
Find a USB mouse and plug it in, can it scroll upwards?

Is your keyboard wireless too?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Two days ealier it was working well. I can scroll up and down. I was working on aperture 2 and after that it just refuse to scroll up

My keyborad is not wireless

Expert:  Thomas Z replied 5 years ago.
As for your mouse, it is simply dirty. Turn it over and rub the wheel on a shirt or some lint-free cloth. Works like a charm. A damp cloth can help if it's more stubborn.

Before cracking it open, I would check to see if it's covered under warranty and just have the local Apple store replace it. Remember you might be covered under Apple Care. This is a very common problem with this mouse, it happened to me a lot.

Create a new user in your Accounts preferences in the System Preferences app. Log in with that user and tell me if your keyboard is still not functioning correctly.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am sorry to tell you that there is no wheel at the bottom of this mouse. i think this mouse is an optical mouse. I mange to open and changed the battery. But the problem is still there. This is apple wireless mouse
Expert:  Thomas Z replied 5 years ago.
I am saying the scroll wheel. You need to rub the scroll wheel with a lint-free cloth while it is upside down to help ensure that any free particles fall from the mouse.
Thomas Z, Mac Genius
Experience: 15 Years of Personal Experience on Mac, 6 months full time Computer Tech with Mac specialty
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes. This morning I did clean the scroll wheel and also the optic glass and it worked. Thank you for the help. I am 69yrs old and after 30 year using window system I was presented with an iMac the change is overwhelming.
Thank you and Happy New Year
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what about my 2nd problem. I do lot of data work. Please let me have your solution.
Thank you.
Louis Ponnu Dorai
Expert:  Thomas Z replied 5 years ago.
Which iMac do you have?

The colorful G3 iMac, the round based G4 iMac, or the more recent white G5/Intel iMac?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
white G5/intel iMac aluminum body
Expert:  Thomas Z replied 5 years ago.
Alright so you have the newer low-profile keyboard.

Take it straight-away to Apple while it is under warranty. If you are having key issues its better to let them replace the keyboard instead of us pulling it apart to clean it.

Good luck and enjoy your Mac!
Thomas Z, Mac Genius