Thomas Z
Thomas Z, Mac Genius
Experience:  15 Years of Personal Experience on Mac, 6 months full time Computer Tech with Mac specialty

the upload box for a picture doesnt show up when I click upload,

the upload box for a picture doesn't show up when I click upload, it was working fine until recently when it just randomly stopped. how do i get it to start showing up again?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Thomas Z replied 5 years ago.
You need to be a tad more specific. What browser are you using?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i use safari.

for example,
when I am using my email on safari (aol.com) and i want to attach a file to an email i am writing, so i click attach >> browse. once i hit browse, a box is supposed to pop up so i can browse through my files, instead nothing pops up.

is there some type of setting that controls this?
Expert:  Thomas Z replied 5 years ago.
Let's give this a shot:

In the Safari menu, select "Reset Safari..."

This will clear out all the safari preferences and bring it back to default settings.

If this is a Safari issue, here is your fix. If this doesnt work we can troubleshoot your operating system it may be a permissions issue.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I just did as you explained above and unfortunately, no upload box.
Expert:  Thomas Z replied 5 years ago.
What version of Safari are you using? And what version of Mac OS X do you have?

You can find Safari's version by going to the Safari menu and selecting About Safari.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
safari version 3.1.2

mac os x version 10.5.4
Expert:  Thomas Z replied 5 years ago.
Click on the Apple Menu and select Software Update.

Update your Mac to 10.5.6 and get Safari 3.2.1.

This may fix your problem.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i did both. after restarting my computer (after both installations) i opened up safari and went to a web site that uses the upload/browse box. the first time i clicked the botton, a box came up for a few seconds and then went away. and now refreshing the page and pressing the bottom again, nothing comes up.
Expert:  Thomas Z replied 5 years ago.
Create a new account through System Preferences (the Account button) and then Log Out of your account and log back in with the new account you created. Logging off is accessible through the Apple menu.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
okay so i just made a new account and tried to upload a picture on that new account and it worked perfectly! no problem. is there some type of setting that i could change on my original account so i dont have to switch all my stuff over to the new account?
Expert:  Thomas Z replied 5 years ago.
Log into your new account and make sure Safari is not open and go to:
Macintosh HD:Users:yourusername:Library:Preferences

and drag this to the trash:
com.apple.Safari.plist
com.apple.Safari.RSS.plist

This will fix your problem. Start Safari and upload away!
Thomas Z, Mac Genius
Experience: 15 Years of Personal Experience on Mac, 6 months full time Computer Tech with Mac specialty
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
THANK YOU