The MacWhisperer
The MacWhisperer, Professional Mac Guru
Experience:  25+ years on the Mac, 6+ years as a Mac Guru running a computer consultant company.

Trying to restore my G5 mac and loaded disc that came with

Trying to restore my G5 mac and loaded disc that came with it and its giving me and error kernel panic and i can't get the disc out. I need help.
Category: Mac
Expert:  The MacWhisperer replied 5 years ago.
When you loaded the disk did you restart while holding the C button? Are you sure he has the exact same machine? If not, that may be what is causing the kernal panic. You can eject the disk by restarting the computer and holding down the mouse button while it restarts.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

he is running the same software but bigger screen? how else can i reboot back to factory settings?

His is probably an intel machine not a PowerPC, or vice versa and they won't run each other's software. Best suggestion is to go out and buy either a DVD copy of Tiger, or even better a copy of the new operating system Leopard. That's really the only way to reset it. Why are you trying to reset it? Maybe you don't need to and we can solve it another way.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i have CS2 loaded on my mac and it isnt loading when i try to open it gives me an error around the twain mark. then says it unexpectedly quit. I tried to delete it and reinstall it but it says there are files in use like startup????

just want to get PS working again. I have leopard just haven't loaded it yet.

Wow, you're using a sledgehammer to get out a splinter. Let's go into your system preferences, and into your accounts section, click on login items and remove anything adobe related. Restart the computer and try the reinstall again.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
only items in there are espon reg, safari, itunes helper and google software update...
When you deleted it, did you just throw it away, or uninstall it? Your disks may have an uninstaller capability. If not, you can download a program called appzapper to help you uninstall it fully, or you can do a computer wide search for adobe and wipe it out that way. And if you were planning on installing leopard anyway, you van just do what's called an archive and install and it will probably fix the startup issue for you. Let me know if you news help doing any of that.
The MacWhisperer, Professional Mac Guru
Experience: 25+ years on the Mac, 6+ years as a Mac Guru running a computer consultant company.