Shawn, Computer Engineer
Experience:  15 years of Mac software and hardware troubleshooting experience, 10 years of programming experience

I want to listen to the input feed of my microphone on my headphones,

Customer Question

I want to listen to the input feed of my microphone on my headphones, so I can know what my recording will sound like AS it's being recorded.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Shawn replied 7 years ago.

Probably the easiest way to do what you want is with a program that is probably already on your Mac: GarageBand. If it's not, you can buy it as part of the iLife suite (

GarageBand will let you record vocal tracks and there is an option to monitor as you are recording, either with or without feedback. To add a track, you click the "+" sign in the iLife window, select Vocal, No Effects, and then choose the kind of monitoring you want. It is pretty straightforward. You can then save it out in a variety of formats.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions. Kind regards,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for responding. I've spent a couple of hours on GarageBand and couldn't find the monitor function that allows monitoring the input without actually recording.

I did find this program, which does the job perfectly.

Since your answer did not help me, and I do now have a solution, I'm hoping it is OK with you that I do not accept your answer for payment. I do thank you for being there and will keep this service in mind for future questions.
Expert:  Shawn replied 7 years ago.

I'm glad that you got your problem solved! No problem on not accepting - thanks for sharing the link with me, and for using JustAnswer!

Kind regards,