Shawn, Computer Engineer
Experience:  15 years of Mac software and hardware troubleshooting experience, 10 years of programming experience

IPOD says it is playing but cannot hear music

Customer Question

IPOD says it is "playing" but cannot hear music
Category: Mac
Expert:  Shawn replied 7 years ago.

Can you tell me which iPod you have?

Also, has it ever played audio in the past?

Thanks! Kind regards,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have a "Nano" ipod and it played very well with loads of music that my sons gave me. I tried to down load my music into a new Nano that I gave to my fiance' but some where along the line my ipod glitched. It still shows the music in it and I can scroll through the various tunes but it does everything but play the audio. Yes, I have tried other earphones besides the ear buds but still no music. I can hear the "clicks" and some sounds when I shake it. Thanks for the response. Alvin J. Gottlieb (W9YLB) ham license for 53 [email protected]
Expert:  Shawn replied 7 years ago.
Hello Alvin,

Thank you for the additional information!

Let's try resetting your Nano to see if that fixes the problem. This will not erase your songs. I'd like you to follow the instructions on this page under "To reset an iPod with a Click Wheel":

Let me know how that works for you. Kind regards,