Claws224, IEEE Datacommunication Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft

My cursor will not stop spinning. What have I done and how

My cursor will not stop spinning. What have I done and how do I stop it so that I can continue on my MAc?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Claws224 replied 5 years ago.

Can you tell us at what point the cursor is spinning?

Is it during the boot or when you are using a program?

Let us know

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It started last night when I was trying to put a photo book together. Usually if I waited a bit it would eventually go back to the arrow. Now it is completely crazy. I cannot even take the last picture off the screen and I am not able to use the Mac no matter how long I wait on it.Only me..everybody always says you cant hurt the computer hahaha.
Expert:  Claws224 replied 5 years ago.

LOL,

Just remember never to show fear as they can sense it.

Can you force quit the program by pressing apple+option+esc then selecting the program from the list and quitting, (If it wont for ce quit and the machine is locked up could you pres nd hold the power button till it shuts down.)

Once you have done that shut down your Mac and wait a moment then power it back up, As soon as you let go of th power button press and hold down the SHIFT key till you see the load icon appear under the Apple logo then let go and wait up to 20mins for your machine to Safe Boot.

Once the machine has safe booted could you just restart like normal and then relaunch your program and let us know if it behaves itself.

Thanks

Experience: IEEE, Microsoft
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I did as you said and I thought that I had it but it acted up again. I am trying it all over again...we'll see what happens this time.
Expert:  Claws224 replied 5 years ago.

Ok,

What program is giving you the issue?

Also do you know how much free disk space you have?

Thanks