Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting
4906461

I cannot access my microsoft word program. The W icon has

I cannot access my microsoft word program. The W icon has disappeared from my desktop. What should I do?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Did you look in your Applications Folder?

Go to your Hard Drive and then open Users and then open the User folder with your username on it. In here open the Applications folder and see if there is a folder called Microsoft Office or Microsoft Word.

Look inside the folder and see if the icon is in there. If it is, you can click on it and then make a new Alias of it from the File menu and then drag it to the Desktop.

Let me know if this helps,
_____________________________________________
If this Answer has helped you, please click Accept so I can be
paid for assisting. Positive Feedback is also appreciated!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How doI access my hard drive. I do not know much about computers.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
No problem.

Follow these pictures and then you will see the folders I need you to go into:

graphic

Open the Finder window by going to your Dock and clicking on the little Blue Guy icon.
graphic

Then go to the Applications folder and then look for the Microsoft Office or Microsoft Word folder.

When you find it, follow the directions above to make an alias.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I,m sorry for being sodense, but I enlarged the first image and did not see either a Dock or a little blue guy!
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
The second image... the first icon on the left side of the picture.

Then look at the first image for the Applications Folder
Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting