The MacWhisperer
The MacWhisperer, Professional Mac Guru
Experience:  25+ years on the Mac, 6+ years as a Mac Guru running a computer consultant company.

help, honest problem I have forgotten my password,

Customer Question

help, honest problem I have forgotten my password, what do I do?
Category: Mac
Expert:  The MacWhisperer replied 7 years ago.
If you are still paying for it (it is a $99/year service), you can go to (or which is for MobileME, the new name of the .mac service) and click the link for the lost password. They will ask you to confirm your Apple ID, which may be your .mac address, or another email address of yours, and the may ask you a security question, then they will either email you your password, or prompt you to reset it.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
problem is when I try to enter a password XXXXX on my 'clue' a clue that I recall entering I still get it wrong, another issue is that when I enter they say my credit card details were refused so I am trying to get into my account to correct the credit card information, same problem they ask for my account (no problem there) I confirm my birth date and all good, but then onto the password, hence my frustration, I am back to square one. If I could contact them and confirm c/card etc to prove I am the rightful owner of the account