Claws224, IEEE Datacommunication Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft

My mac g4 has a blinking sensor light on the screen. Also the

My mac g4 has a blinking sensor light on the screen. Also the screen does not look right.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Claws224 replied 5 years ago.

HI,

Can you describe what you mean by it does not look right, Does it seem to be fuzzy or have less colors?

Does your machine boot and chime or does it just sit and blink?

Also what OS version are you running?

Let us know

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
here is info    Machine Name:     Power Mac G4
Machine Model:     PowerMac3,5
CPU Type:     PowerPC G4 (2.1)
Number Of CPUs:     2
CPU Speed:     800 MHz
L2 Cache (per CPU):     256 KB
L3 Cache (per CPU):     2 MB
Memory:     1.25 GB
Bus Speed:     133 MHz
Boot ROM Version:     4.2.5f1
Serial Number:     XB1340MKKSJ

chimes on start but only blinks light 3 times and stops every 10 seconds
screen looks darker than normal
Expert:  Claws224 replied 5 years ago.

Ok,

Do you have an OS disk for the machine?

If so could you try putting the disk into the machine then press and hold the power button down until the machine shuts off, Then keep the power button held for a further 30 seconds.

Once you have done that power up the machine and as soon as you let go of the power button press and hold down the C key until the machine hopefuly boots into the setup menu, If it does just restart the mchine and see if it will boot normally

Let me know what happens.

Thanks

Experience: IEEE, Microsoft