Shawn, Computer Engineer
Experience:  15 years of Mac software and hardware troubleshooting experience, 10 years of programming experience

i have an imac that somehow has its Address Book missing.

i have an imac that somehow has its Address Book missing. i have used finder and spotlight to no avail. how can i restore Address Book to my computer?
Hello Chucky,

Before we try to reinstall the address book application, could you please check in your Applications folder (Go menu->Applications) and see if Address Book is listed there? You may need to switch to List view.

Thanks! Kind regards,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
it is not in the applications folder. thanks
Hello Chucky,

Okay, it must have gotten deleted somehow then. You're going to have to reinstall Address Book. Do you have access to another Mac that you could copy it from? If so, I recommend that as a first option. If not, you'll have to do it in a slightly more tricky way by using your original Mac OS X install/system disk. This is

You can do this by using a program called Pacifist, which can be downloaded from

1) Put your Apple install CD/DVD into your computer
2) Open Pacifist and click "Open Apple Install Disks". Click "Choose" in the following dialog.
3) Once it loads (it may take awhile), navigate to:
Contents of OSInstall.mpkg/Contents of EssentialSystemSoftware/Contents of AddressBook.pkg/Applications
4) Single-click on Address and click the "Install" button

It should install back to your Applications folder, and you should be all set!

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions. Kind regards,