The MacWhisperer
The MacWhisperer, Professional Mac Guru
Experience:  25+ years on the Mac, 6+ years as a Mac Guru running a computer consultant company.

I have a PowerBook G4. For some reason, lately, when I fill

Customer Question

I have a PowerBook G4. For some reason, lately, when I fill in a field requesting email, I get "Not a valid email". I thought maybe it was a FreeMail/spam issue but nothing works. I have put in my gmail, hotmail, yahoo, and [email protected] and nothing works. I don't know if I did something to my security or what but it is frustrating. Any guidance?
Category: Mac
Expert:  The MacWhisperer replied 7 years ago.
What website are you entering the info on?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
currently, i am trying to start a new account for yahoo merchants. but yesterday it was for namecheap. it has been for a number of different situations. typically, when i am doing an initial sign up or trying to purchase something.
That's a very bizarre situation. Do you have autofill enabled for Safari? You can find out by looking in your Safari preferences. If it is enabled, you should open address book, and find YOUR card, and confirm that the info in your card is accurate, and then allow the site to autofill that info from your card.

If that continues to fail, I have a couple of suggestions...
Try working with Firefox instead of Safari (you can download it for free from

You can also attempt to reset Safari (under the Safari Menu), not sure if it will work, but it might shake the glitch free.

Also, confirm that you are running the latest version of Safari by clicking on the Apple Menu and selecting Software Update.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
hi, i am pretty sure that i said in the beginning inquiry that i use Firefox. i think at this point, i am going to ask another expert. thank you.
Ok. i will opt out so another expert can answer.

Sorry I wasn't able to help.