The MacWhisperer
The MacWhisperer, Professional Mac Guru
Experience:  25+ years on the Mac, 6+ years as a Mac Guru running a computer consultant company.

i want to transfer my itunes library from my nano serial #5U70303VVQ5

i want to transfer my itunes library from my nano serial #5U70303VVQ5 to my new computer serial #W8834FR4ZE2; i get the message "is synched with another itunes library."
Category: Mac
Expert:  The MacWhisperer replied 7 years ago.
Go to and download the ipodrip software. This will allow you to transfer all files from your ipod to your computer. The reason this is necessary is because the ipod is not designed to be a two-way synch device... in other words, you can load music onto the ipod from your computer, but you cannot load music to your computer from your ipod.

If you don't want to pay to do this transfer, you will need to manually move the music from whatever computer the ipod was originally synched to into the new computer.... for the $30 this software costs, it's a much more viable option.

If you have any question, please let me know.