The MacWhisperer
The MacWhisperer, Professional Mac Guru
Experience:  25+ years on the Mac, 6+ years as a Mac Guru running a computer consultant company.
11634089

I have a i pod nano that I had connected to my computor,that

Customer Question

I have a i pod nano that I had connected to my computor,that worked on
Category: Mac
Expert:  The MacWhisperer replied 8 years ago.
It seems like your question got cut off. What seems to be the problem with your Nano?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I had my nano hooked to my computor on Sat. then sunday I tried to turn it on and it won't. So I tried to charge it on my daughters wall unit . It won't turn on or charge. What did i do wrong?
I don't know that you did anything wrong, the battery may have died. I would try plugging it in with a different cord (ideally into a wall socket) and see if it charges up... your cord may have gotten kinked and it just ran out of juice. It may take a few minutes to charge up after you plug it in, so be patient...

The only other thing that might have happened is a dead (and possibly defective) battery. If it is within a year of purchase (or if you got an extension), the warranty should cover it. If not, there are many online companies like http://www.iresq.com where you can pay a flat rate and they will overnight you a box, drop your ipod in and ship it to them and they will diagnose it, call you with an estimate, fix it and ship it back to you.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
How would I go about getting a new battery? I did try the wall outlet ,and nothing happened. It was given to me last Christmas. Shouldn't the battery have not worked earlier ?
It sounds like your ipod is under a year old. I would make an appointment at apple store and take it right in. They will probably swap it out right there for a new one.

As far as why the battery just DIED, it may have been gradually holding less and less of a charge, and then it just completely conked out. It happens sometimes, that's why they come with a one year warranty.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for answering my questions. I didn't feel like my question was silly and I should know the answer already. You made me like my question mattered. Thank you again
Glad I could help