Flagbridge-MAC
Flagbridge-MAC, Consultant
Experience:  Paid for 10 years of University with Network Engineering with extensive MAC usage (back to system 7)
2368596

I have a problem with e-mail. It wont accept my password XXXXX

Customer Question

I have a problem with e-mail. It won't accept my password XXXXX though it has been verified. In the meantime I can'tt get or send e-mail.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Flagbridge-MAC replied 5 years ago.
What do you use for email?

Is it your email service password XXXXX your MAC password?

How did your reset the password?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I think I have a really big problem here.

The account is incoming.verizon.net

The key chain is unlocked.

Under certificates is this: com.applekerberos@kds

What is this??

I followed all of the steps specified for MacOX

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The certificate for my key chain also said - Not trusted!!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Wondering what the estimated time for help with this is?
Kurt,

Are you sure it is @kds, and not kdc

If there is anything specific you can paste for me that will help.

What email program are using for your verizon mail?   

I also need to remind you that this is not a real time exchange. I am working on other questions, so the responses are not immediate.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
You're right it is kdc.

This is a mac mail account a tech person set up using a Airport network

There is a second untrusted name in my key chain:

com.apple.system fault

I am afraid my computer skills aren't good as far as knowing how to paste anything.
I wish I knew.I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
If this helps here is more info about the two untrusted root certificates:

com.apples.systemsdefault

Self-signed root certificate

Common name - same as above

Organization - System identity

serial no. XXXXXXXXXX

the certifcate com.apple.kerberos.kdc is the same except serial no. which is 21398545
Version 3

Signature Algorith - SHA - with RSA Encryption (1 2NNN-NN-NNNN1 1 5

Parameters - none

Not valid before Feb. 4 2008

Not vailid after Feb. 9, 2028
Self signed certificates usually are not trusted.

That is not the worry.

I need to know the EXACT error when you are trying to get your mail.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What comes up is this:

Enter Password XXXXX account "outgoing verizon.net: kgodqwin909"
on SMTP server "outgoing.verizon.net"

It will not accept password XXXXX though I changed it and verified it.
This is the VERIZON outgoing password,

This should be the same as your incoming password.

Can you confirm that you have talked to verizon and confirmed your password XXXXX

Can you confirm they have said it is a local problem.

As your facts above point this to be a verizon password XXXXX
Flagbridge-MAC, Consultant
Experience: Paid for 10 years of University with Network Engineering with extensive MAC usage (back to system 7)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have talked with Verizon several times about this only to finally be told that they can not doo anything with Macs.
Have they reset your password?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes
Can you do me a favour and try to login via webmail

http://webmail.verizon.net/signin/

See if your username and password XXXXX

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I just talked with Veriozon and reset my Verizon password. I tried to change to change to the same but can not reset it. I am cluless and also freaked out about where these unauthorized certificates came from.
Ok 1 step at a time.

DONT worry about the certificates. They are normal with MAC OS X. Those are self signed so they do not need to go out on the internet for verification, when they are handling internal processes.

Dont worry about them, dont be freaked, they are normal.

Did you try to connect tot he webmail online?

Did it allow you to connect?