Dan - Master Tech
Dan - Master Tech, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  I have worked with Macs going back to the IIE. Installation, diagnostics, repair of all variations.

Do you know of a Mac friendly software program to reset Epson

Do you know of a Mac friendly software program to reset Epson R1800 Protection Counters?
GreetingsCustomer unfortunately it would seem you already have the answer. After having used Epson printers myself for many years in a Mac/PC environment, I have continued to be frustrated with Epson's determination to thwart users from resetting their own printers. It used to be that you could use a combination of buttons on the front panel to do a reset, that is no longer the case. Even an Epson technician I know is thoroughly disgusted with their policy. Since Epson has gone to a software only reset option they even monitor the technician's use of the program.
If I haven't bored you to death by this point I just want you to know that the PC program is the only way around resetting your R1800 at this time. We are fortunate to at least have that option even though it would be great if there was a Mac version as well. As a fellow Mac user I sympathize but there are those times when we have to cross the boundary and yield to the fact that we occasionally need a Windows machine.
If I can be of any futher assistance please let me know. Thank you for using Just Answer.