Flagbridge-MAC
Flagbridge-MAC, Consultant
Experience:  Paid for 10 years of University with Network Engineering with extensive MAC usage (back to system 7)

mysql is on my mac but doesnt seem to be running correctly.

mysql is on my mac but doesn't seem to be running correctly. I am working in dreamweaver and I am trying to get cartweaver to work.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Flagbridge-MAC replied 5 years ago.

I am not sure why you would think it is mysql, so lets first test to see if the DB is working.

Type mysql -uroot -p

Tell me what the response is.

Then check to make sure that you have the paths declared properly.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi
What is the DB?
Where should I be typing?
DB is database.

This needs to be typed in a terminal or console window.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Now I'm really lost. Data base meaning? I really don't understand. Where do I find the terminal or consol window.
Mysql is a database. Thats what it does. So cartweaver is a shopping cart that would connect to mysql and add data to records (successful transactions, transaction status, shopping cart contents etc)

In finder go to TOOLS, then go to UTILITIES and go to TERMINAL.

I also need you to answer why you think this error is from mysql
Flagbridge-MAC, Consultant
Experience: Paid for 10 years of University with Network Engineering with extensive MAC usage (back to system 7)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi I typed mysql -uroot -p into the terminal nothing happened. How does it give an answer?
Did you hit enter after it?

Please paste exactly what has happened.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
-bash: mysql: command not found
rrcs-64-183-22-61:~Customer
This is what was said. Mysql was new soft ware that was downloaded to work with the cartweaver. The test page had the odd comments at the bottom.
The errors you pasted above in yor original question are not SQL related, however your SQL is not running.

Step one is to get your database running for testing

Step two is to make sure your WebServer, PHP are running

Step three is to test your cart locally on your computer

Step four is to make the changes to your site, and the config files so it works in the real environment.

At this stage you do not appear to have your SQl working which is step one.