drpj, Mac Genius
Experience:  Providing Mac support in universities since 1984

I have put many photos in separate layers for years. As far

Customer Question

I have put many photos in separate layers for years. As far as I know I am not doing anything differently, but I get the prompt could not complete your request because an unknown or invalid JPEG marker type is found. Also once I close the page, all the layers are locked. what have I done differently? I have version 8.0 on an IMAC using 10.5.5.
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

OS: Mac OS X; Browser: Other

Already Tried:
changing the jpeg . Saving as jpeg again, read all I can about unlocking layers, The answer doesn't seem to appear, or I am not asking the right questions.
Expert:  drpj replied 7 years ago.

In order to help you I need some additional information. Please tell me:

What software you have been and are trying to put the photos in?
Where are these photos (in a camera, on your harddrive, on the web)?

When I know these things I'll be able to try to help you.
drpj, Mac Genius
Experience: Providing Mac support in universities since 1984
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The photos are in Photoshop 8, I am dragging photos from photoshop in separate layers that I will work on again after saving them. After saving them I can no longer work with them because the layers are locked. I can't figure out how to unlock the layers,

Also when I first save the pages I cannot open them again because of an "unknown or invalid jpg marker"

Expert:  Justin replied 7 years ago.

If I understand correctly, you are creating a file in Photoshop made up of several images, each in its own layer.

I'm not clear if the problem occurs when you try to save or when you try to open the resulting file - could you clarify? Once I know that, we can tackle the locked layers issue.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I figured it out myself, after about 7 days of trying. I guess that I had to tell someone my problem before I was able to figure it out.
Expert:  Justin replied 7 years ago.
That's great! I'm glad it worked out for you.

Please don't hesitate to in the future.

Good luck to you.