Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting
4906461

Im trying to format two digital photos of my paintings for

I'm trying to format two digital photos of my paintings for a contest the image size is 1920 and the canvas size 1920 the background is black. the web page is: www.callforentry.org there are clear directions for a pc but very confusing for a mac, help
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

OS: Mac OS X

Already Tried:
I tried to figure out some of the things suggested in the callforentry.org/imaging_tips.phtml under mac but I didn't understand!
Expert:  Mike replied 8 years ago.
Hi.

Do you have PhotoShop on your Mac?

If not, that would explain why they are confusing.

I checked out the site and with PhotoShop, it is very clear what to do. Without PS, you are on your own.

However, you might be able to do this with Preview.
Let me know if you have PhotoShop.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hi Mike no I don't have PhotoShop. About half way down on that web site under tec.help there was something about mac but I really didn't understand thus my search and finding this site.
Expert:  Mike replied 8 years ago.
Yeah, they mention it because Macs use PhotoShop as well.

We might be able to use Preview to do this, so find that app ( in the Applications folder) and open it and then try to get your photos into there by dragging or choosing Open from File menu.

When you go to save as, choose JPEG and make sure to see if you can set the size so it fits into their maximum size limit.

We will go from there if it does open and you can save it.