The MacWhisperer
The MacWhisperer, Professional Mac Guru
Experience:  25+ years on the Mac, 6+ years as a Mac Guru running a computer consultant company.

trouble downloading Adobe Flash

trouble downloading Adobe Flash
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

OS: Mac OS X; Browser: Other

Already Tried:
I have downloaded the installer for Flash from the Adobe site. The installer appears no problem - I go through all the prompts no problem - and the window even comes up saying the Adobe Flash was successfully installed.   But the application doesn't appear anywhere on the computer.

I have successfully downloaded the Adobe Reader and Acrobat
The Adobe flash program is not intended to show up on the computer. It is a plug in that allows you to view flash sites on the internet. Why do you want the application to show up on your computer if you are able to view flash sites on line? Are you trying to use it to create flash sites?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
OH!!!!!   didn't realize that - no I don't care if it shows up or not - but a web developer that I work with (not an experienced one) is always trying to send me demo's. She has the purchased the full version of Adobe.   I can open her PDF files in Adobe Reader, but never her flash demos.

So am I to assume that if my computer recognizes flash on all other websites thata I go to normally - that the problem is the web developer's? That solves it for me - I can just send her back to the drawing board.

What do you think?
She should send you the files as quicktime movies instead of flash files. She can export them from her flash program that way. If she sends them as flash files, you will need a flash design program to view them. It's just easier if she sends it as a movie file for your viewing purposes instead.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok thanks for your help.
Anytime. Let me know if you need other help.