The MacWhisperer
The MacWhisperer, Professional Mac Guru
Experience:  25+ years on the Mac, 6+ years as a Mac Guru running a computer consultant company.
11634089

I am unable to drag an image, copy it and paste it onto a document.

I am unable to drag an image, copy it and paste it onto a document. Actually I CAN copy it once I put it on my desktop-then, double clicking, I get the ability to use cmd c and put it onto an email for example using cmd v or in fact just clicking copy in the edit toolbar of safari but when it is sent, the image is not there. Standard dragging and clicking onto the document does not work either. I have a brand new Mac book pro. HELP!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

OS: Mac OS X; Browser: Firefox

Already Tried:
I have tried using Safari, Firefox and using Yahoo and googlemail which I was able to use on my Windows pc
Are you trying to drag an image from a webpage into the mail program? Where is the image coming from? Describe the specifics of your process please.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have been trying to drag something from google images to my google email address (have also tried onto my yahoo address) - I can drag them to my desktop but from there they don't copy using cmd c and paste using cmd v
Webmail behaves differently from other mail providers. Have you considered using MacMail to get your yahoo and gmail? You could get them both from the same place then.

Any way, you should drag it to your desktop from google images (or right click and save to your desktop), and then from gmail or yahoo, use the attach function rather than copy and paste. That will allow you to put it in an email in a way that other people can view it.