Rob, Mac Genius
Experience:  14 years Mac experience, 10 years Mac Consulting, ran a printshop for 23 years.

The calibrations for color correction on my MacBookPro wonthold.

The calibrations for color correction on my MacBookPro won'thold. Here is what I did: I opened the Displays pane of System Preferences and selected the Color Tab. I selected different color tabs but didn't get a big difference. I then created a custom profile by clicking on the Calibrate button in the Color Tab of the Displays preference pane. That opened the Display Calibrator Assistant. I used Expert Mode and chose the color temperature I wanted. It worked well but when I shut down and went back to it at a later time, the dull colors returned. Is there a way to keep the former dull color (maybe default) from recurring? Thanks, Louise

I think the best chance of this holding is to throw away the Display Calibrator preferences. The file name is:

The file is located at Home/LIbrary/Preferences

Throw this file away and then repair permissions with Disk Utility in the Applications/Utilities folder, restart and calibrate your display again.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I went to my hard drive, went to the library and found preferences. There are other files but none for colorsynch. Sorry to be so unschooled in this, but I think I need more help. Thakns.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The default color tab is set to ColorLCD Calibrated, if that helps.
I do think this is your best shot at getting this to work. Try going to that location again. Remember, it's not Hard Drive/Library/Preferences

it is

To get to your Home folder, open a Finder window by clicking the Finder icon in the lower left corner of the Dock. This opens a Finder window. Then click the Home icon with your username at the left sidebar of that window. From there go to Library/Preferences and you should see the file. Take that file and drag it to the trash, restart and calibrate your display.