Claws224, IEEE Datacommunication Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I successfully installed painter 10 but it will not allow me

I successfully installed painter 10 but it will not allow me to open it. It says cannot access it from user folder

What is the exact error you are receiving?

What OS version are you running?

Let us know

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Painter was unable to create your User folder     I am using version 10.4.11

Ok,

Are you trying to move the Painter launch icon to a different location to make it easier to use?

If so if you can browse to your Mac HD/Applications/Painter folder do you see the icon for Painter?

If so what happens when you double click it?

Let us know

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
that is what I have done when I get the reply about the user folder. Though I have the icon in the dock for easy access it brings up the folder and I click on the icon for Painter but get the error message. I have done this exactly as you stated, browsed to the HD/Applications/ Painter folder and when I double click I get Painter was unable to create your user folder

Ok,

Can we first try an uninstall and reinstall to make sure everything is where it needs to be.

First could you remove the Corel Painter X application folder by dragging it to the Trash icon in your Dock, Then go to the User Library, Application Support, Corel folder and remove the Painter X folder by dragging it to the Trash.

Next go to the User Library, Preferences folder and remove com.corel.PainterX.plist by dragging it to the Trash.

Once you have done that empty the Trash and then restart.

When your machine reboots try reinstalling again using the default options and then reboot when finished and try to launch the program.

Let me know what happens.

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Where do I find the user library

Ok,

Just look in your Mac HD then go to your username and you should find the Library folder.

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am going to press accept since I have to reboot. If the process is not successful I assume I will have to start over but is there a way I can get back to you. I will press reply now so that you get this message, after getting your answer I will press accept and try your suggestion. Wish me luck and thank you very much.

Ok,

Dont worry about the accept till we finish.

Just reboot then come back to Justanswer.com and login to your acount or click the link in your email to get back here.

Thanks