Rob, Mac Genius
Experience:  14 years Mac experience, 10 years Mac Consulting, ran a printshop for 23 years.

I started printing contact sheets in IPhoto for the pictures

Customer Question

I started printing contact sheets in IPhoto for the pictures that I downloaded to DVDs. It worked for a while, but now it shows the pictures as a contact sheet but prints the IMG numbers with no pictures. Also, after I click on print, I keep getting a message box with no comment (just the ok box).
Category: Mac
Expert:  Rob replied 7 years ago.

1) Repair permissions with Disk Utility in the Applications/Utilities folder, restart and see if printing works as it should

2) Rebuild your iPhoto library by making sure iPhoto is not running, launch iPhoto and hold the Command and Option keys

3) If #1 or #2 doesn't work, I would go to System Preferences, click on Print & Fax and reset your printing system by control clicking in the printing list on the left side of the Print & Fax window. Restart, add your printer and see how that works.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
If I do #2, will I lose my photos?
Expert:  Rob replied 7 years ago.
There is always a possibility that something could go wrong. Here is the Apple knowledge base article on rebuilding iPhoto libraries:

I can't tell if the problem is iPhoto only. Do all other applications print ok? Does the print window look like it should in all other apps? If all other apps print fine, it's most likely a iPhoto issue, if they don't it's a system printing issue. If it's a system printing issue you probably don't need to rebuild your iPhoto library. We'll need to find another solution. Let me know if other apps print ok and the print window shows up correctly.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Everything else seems to be printing ok. I will try to rebuild the IPhoto library, but guess I will make sure all my photos are backed up first, so it will be a while before I try it. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Rob replied 7 years ago.
Good deal. Let us know how it turns out.