Claws224, IEEE Datacommunication Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

my blackberry will not sync with my new macbook pro

Customer Question

Category: Mac
Expert:  Claws224 replied 5 years ago.

HI,

Can you tell us what type of Blackberry you have?

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
831`0
new aluminum mac book with entourage
Expert:  Claws224 replied 5 years ago.

Ok,

Can you tell me what you do to try to sync your blackberry?

Also when you connect your Blackberry are you using the included USB cable?

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
use the blackberry software and the cable provided. error message at the end says unable to find device
Expert:  Claws224 replied 5 years ago.

Ok,

So you ran the installer and it prompted you to connect the blackberry, Is that correct?

Then when you connected it you got the unable to find message?

Let me know

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
correct
Expert:  Claws224 replied 5 years ago.

Ok,

First could you try a Soft reset of your Blackberry by puling the battery then waiting for 1 minute and then replacing it.

Power it back up and when all the way up try reconnecting it to your Mac again and let me know if it still does not recognise

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
did that before i contacted you
Expert:  Claws224 replied 5 years ago.

Ok,

I did not see that in the already tried so I wanted to make sure.

Coul you reboot your Mac and then connect your blackberry, When connected could you open your Finder and press Shift+Command+G

Type /Volumes into the window that appears, and press Go.

The Finder window should show a folder called Volumes located at the root of your hard drive, take a look and let me know if your Blackberry is listed, If it is give it a double click and let me know what happens.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
under a "no name" shortcut blackberry is listed
Expert:  Claws224 replied 5 years ago.

Ok,

And what happens when you double click it?

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
see the blackberry but you cannot point the program to that location. i called pocket mac and thery said they are woking on a fix