Shawn, Computer Engineer
Experience:  15 years of Mac software and hardware troubleshooting experience, 10 years of programming experience

Is my 5 year old Lexmark X63 compatible with my new MacBoo

Is my 5 year old Lexmark X63 compatible with my new MacBook?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Shawn replied 7 years ago.

I did some searching and there doesn't appear to be a driver for the X63 printer for Mac OS X. However, some people have had a bit of success using the Lexmark Z42, Z52, and Z53 drivers on their X63 printer. These drivers come with Mac OS X as part of the Gutenprint package (should be installed by default, but if not, you can find it on the Mac OS X installer DVD).

When you add the printer, in the "Print Using:" drop-down box, manually select one of those drivers, add the printer, and see if it works. If it doesn't work, delete the printer and try again with another one of the drivers.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions. Kind regards,