Dan - Master Tech
Dan - Master Tech, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  I have worked with Macs going back to the IIE. Installation, diagnostics, repair of all variations.

Hi, I was hoping that you could help me as my beloved G5

I was hoping that you could help me as my beloved G5 Mac seems to be broken. I recently inserted a disc with some large jpeg photo images on it. Although the disk went in fine the Mac did not recognise that there was a disk in it, the icon did not come up and also trying to press eject both from the keyboard and the screen the disc would not eject. Around thirty seconds later a black screen came down which told me to restart my computer. I have now been through this process several times and still can not eject the disk or keep my computer on for more than thirty seconds at a time. PLEASE HELP as I am lost without it and terrified of all of the information that I have stored.

Many, many thanks in advance.

Jenny Crimin [email protected]
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dan - Master Tech replied 7 years ago.
GreetingsCustomer the easiest way to eject a disc is to hold down the mouse (single button apple), the left mouse button or the eject button right after you first power up the computer. As long as the disc is not jammed or the mechanism isn't malfunctioning, your disc should pop out in a few seconds.
I hope this helps. If I can be of any further assistance please let me know. Thank you for using Just Answer.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

thank you, XXXXX XXXXX currently at work at the moment but will try it upon my return. why would the disc be crashing my computer?

Strange things can happen when there are mechanical failures (or at least perceived ones by the computer). If the disc will not come out for whatever reason, hold down the "X" key on startup and see if it will boot.