Rob
Rob, Mac Genius
Experience:  14 years Mac experience, 10 years Mac Consulting, ran a printshop for 23 years.
11909858

I HAVE A MAC OS X 5.5. AND BECAUSE I AM CHANGING MY OLD HP

I HAVE A MAC OS X 5.5. AND BECAUSE I AM CHANGING MY OLD HP PRINTER [HP PSC 2410 PHOTOSMART] FOR A LEXMARK I WANT TO GET THE HP PRINTER OFF MY COMPUTER. HOWEVER, IN THE HEWLETT PACKARD FOLDER I CANNOT FIND UNINSTAL.
HelloCustomer

You don't have to uninstall the printer. You can do a quick removal by going to System Preferences, click on Print & Fax, click on the HP printer then click the - (minus) button under the printer list. Then go to your Hard Drive/Library/Printers and take the HP folder and throw it away. This is the way to do a manual uninstall.

You can also download the installer and hold the option key when the install button comes up. Sometimes in a printer installer they give you a uninstall button. If this one does, click that. If it doesn't, hold the option key in hopes of the install button turning into an uninstall button. You can get the installer here:http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-35188-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=303753&os=219&lang=en
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
DEAR ROB,

I THINK THAT HAS DONE THE TRICK. I HAD TO TREAT THE HP DIRECTOR [SCANNING] AS A SEPARATE ENTITY. SO MUCH FOR 'ALL IN ONE'. THE DRIVER IN MY NEW LEXMARK PRINTER WILL DRIVE THE MAC AND THE PC, SO I AM ASSURED. I HAVE A CHANGEOVER SWITCH TO SELECT EITHER COMPUTER.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

XXXXX XXXXX
That's good. I hope you enjoy that Lexmark printer. Thanks for the accept and come back to justanswer.com for personal answering service.