Claws224, IEEE Datacommunication Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

my cursur turns into a spinning curser , and looses its ability

Customer Question

my cursur turns into a spinning curser , and looses it's ability to select . this has happend when i try to select something , like a map , in accuweather
Category: Mac
Expert:  Claws224 replied 8 years ago.

Could you tell us which web browser you use?

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
safari
Expert:  Claws224 replied 8 years ago.

Ok,

If it is possible for you to do so we can try to speed things up and remove lot of unneeded information as Safari stores a large amount of information from your browsing which includes cache, cookies, saved names, passwords, download history, search keywords, browsing history and more which can cause a major slow down over time.

The easy way to clean up all of this is to reset Safari by opening Safari and clicking Safari in the menu then selecting Reset Safari.

If you cannot reset or do not want to let me know so I can give you the steps to individually clear your caches and stored folders.

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I did the reset safari click . I assume it did what it was supposed to , as I had to refill some of my info. I am still having the same problem . Is there something else I can do when I get the spinning cursor , other than turning off and restarting ? what does the spinning cursor mean , does it stand for a particular operation ? thanks , I hope you can help .
Expert:  Claws224 replied 8 years ago.

Ok,

Usually the cursor comes up because your machine is trying to acess something o load a plugin so you can iew what is on the page, The reson for hte reset is to remove any plugins that may cause an issue.

Now can you give me an example of one of the pages you are trying to open.

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
example : trying to go to my local weather forecast in accuweather