Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting

How do I fix error 3150

Customer Question

How do I fix error 3150?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.

Please be more specific so we can help you.

What application is giving this error or what are you doing when it happens?

What Mac do you have (exact model/speed) and what version of OS X?

Let us know,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Downloading songs from iTunes.

Mac Book Pro 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.
What version of Mac OS X?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.

It seems from what I have found that it is related to networking and dropped connections. Meaning that during the transfer or during the request for the file, the connection was dropped or interrupted.

First, make sure you are using the latest version of iTunes, which is 8.x. Check with Software Update to see if there is a new version available.

Or, a few things to try are to start the download again and see if it completes.

If a podcast, unsubscribe, and then subscribe again and see if it works.

The last item that worked for one user was that he was using a static IP address for his network and his Linksys router was having fits. When he changed to a DHCP assigned address, it fixed it. You should also make sure that your router has the latest firmware if you are using one.

I would also recommend an email to iTunes support detailing the error, because it is related to their store and downloading from there. If they get an email, they will get back to you within 24-48 hours and hopefully help you with this.

I don't think I can do anything else here, so I hope this helps answer your question, even though it does not resolve the problem.

If this Answer has helped you, please click Accept so I can be paid for assisting.
If not, reply back here.