Dan - Master Tech
Dan - Master Tech, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  I have worked with Macs going back to the IIE. Installation, diagnostics, repair of all variations.
12940042

Is there a way to transfer e-mail from Outlook into the Mac

Is there a way to transfer e-mail from Outlook into the Mac e-mail program?
GreetingsCustomer there does exist a multi-step process for this very thing. The process is for XP and should be similar for Vista.

How-To - How to transfer PST files from Outlook (Win XP) to Mac OS X 10.5 Mail (2008.08):

Install Mozilla Thunderbird 2 on the PC

When opening Thunderbird for first time, let it import all emails and contacts (select "Outlook" from the drop-down menu)

This converts all your files to the mbox format (note that no suffix appears after the file name for mbox files)

Locate the Thunderbird mail files. In Win XP, the location is something like this: C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\[eightcharactercode].default\Mail\Local Folders

Copy the folders/files you want from the PC to the Mac using a USB drive, etc.

Download the free Eudora Mailbox Cleaner program onto the Mac: http://homepage.mac.com/aamann/Eudor....html#Download

Open the Eudora Mailbox Cleaner and put the .app file into the Application folder (or the desktop)

Make sure Mail is closed on the Mac

Simply drag the copied master mailbox folder (or specific folders) onto the Eudora Mailbox Cleaner.app icon, then select "Thunderbird" as the source

After opening Mail, look for the "Imported" mailbox folders

You will need to select each new mailbox individually, then click Mailbox -> Rebuild from the menus to populate email mailbox

That's all!

If you require further assistance please let me know. Thank you for using Just Answer.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

If I accept the answer Is there a way I can get back to you without additional charge if I have trougble while doing this procedure?

Just reply to this post and do not close it. Only accept when you are satisified with the results.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Is there an alternative way? I have the e-mail saved as as .pst file on a portable hard drive, I am not sure if I will be able to connect and download information from the PC. The PC is having trouble that is why I switched to a Mac.
Ok, wasn't aware of that aspect. In that case, there may be a program I am told that can handle pst files and convert them for Mac. O2M is a $10 program that is designed to handle the Outlook to Mac transition. I am trying to find confirmation that it can import pst files since I have not tried this.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for the help, I will look into the O2M program