The MacWhisperer
The MacWhisperer, Professional Mac Guru
Experience:  25+ years on the Mac, 6+ years as a Mac Guru running a computer consultant company.
11634089

The Mail icon in my dock asked me to install it (it has been

The Mail icon in my dock asked me to install it (it has been working but I don't know what happen). I don't know what "incoming mail server" is when asked. They give the example: mail.name.com. I am using AOL as my internet server which works fine when I sign on but I can't take the short cut and use the icon in the dock. Any suggestions.
If the mail has a glitch, or hits an error on line, or crashes three times in rapid succession, it has the tendency to "reboot" and require itself to be set up again.

Fortunately, with AOL, the solution is very simple. You can either go to aol.com, and click on the downloads link at the bottom, and download the service assistant for mac, which will do the entire setup for you, and will also import any aol contacts into your apple address book, as well as adding your AIM name to ichat.

The other way is to do it manually.

Settings are:
Incoming - imap.aol.com
outgoing - smtp.aol.com
username - your email address before the @aol.com
password XXXXX your aol password.