Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting

i have mac osx and it seems to be very slow when i click on

i have mac osx and it seems to be very slow when i click on to a site i need to get in to any suggestions,
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.

This may be a DNS issue. It may also be related to a trojan horse that affects the DNS settings and makes your computer slow to respond to web sites and also sends you to the wrong web sites and search engines.

You can try a free scan from MacScan. They have the best (IMHO) scanner and they also have a free trojan scan that looks for this specific virus.

If that scan comes back clean, then maybe we need different DNS servers in your Network prefs to see if that will speed it up.

Let me know,
If this Answer has helped you, please click Accept so I can be paid for assisting.
If not, reply back here.