Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting
4906461

Can I sync my iPhone 3G to my iMac running mac os x 10.3.9

Can I sync my iPhone 3G to my iMac running mac os x 10.3.9?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 8 years ago.
Hi.

According to Apple the iPhone 3g requires 10.4.10 or better and iTunes 7.7 or newer.

However, It won't hurt to try it on 10.3.9. The software you need most is actually iTunes 7.7. If you get 7.7 and it opens under 10.3.9, then you might have a shot at it.

I personally do not think it will work to answer your question. I also checked iTunes requirements and it needs 10.4 or better.

_____________________________________________
If this Answer has helped you, please click Accept so I can be paid for assisting.
If not, reply back here.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks. Is it a bad idea to upgrade my operating system to tiger or lepord? I have a 1 GHz PowerPC G4 with 256 MB DDR SDRAM. Will it run super slow?
Expert:  Mike replied 8 years ago.
That iMac will run Tiger or Leopard.

However, you will need to upgrade the memory. It is fairly inexpensive and I would suggest at least 1GB.

Here is a site that I like a lot because they support Macs.

Choose your iMac from the list and then look at the options for memory. If you need help installing the memory, check with Apple Support, or get your user manual out. The instructions are in there. It is easy, remove the bottom cover and clip the ram module into the slot. Make sure to seat it firmly, but not too firm. It should click down. Replace the bottom cover and start it up. Check with About This Mac under the Apple Menu to see if the install was successful. It should now read 1.25GB.

After you get the ram installed, then get a copy of Tiger or Leopard and install it as an upgrade.

After that you will be able to use the iPhone with no problems.

If not, reply back here.