The MacWhisperer
The MacWhisperer, Professional Mac Guru
Experience:  25+ years on the Mac, 6+ years as a Mac Guru running a computer consultant company.

This has happened twice in 4 months. Virgin Atlantic send me

Customer Question

This has happened twice in 4 months. Virgin Atlantic send me an airline ticket but when I print it out it is about 1" x 2". I havve tried increasing the font size (to 64) that makes the print out a column of about one quarter of an inch wide (try showing that at the airport). If I decrease the font size (to 2) the print out is larger - slightly - about one and a half inch column - still no go at the airport. This is only happening with Virgin Atlantic tickets. What on earth is going on ? Please help.
Category: Mac
Expert:  The MacWhisperer replied 5 years ago.
Does the email contain an attachment? Or is the ticket in the body of the email?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The email has an attachment which is the ticket but the ticket is also in the body of the email .I have tried printing both but the result is the same whether it is the email or the attachment. It works if I put the email onto Pages (i.e. itis the right size ) but a lot of the email is then missing - the box with the times and flights and many of the logos. I don't think Virgin would accept it the way that looks. Anyway it really bugs me that this keeps happening only with Virgin Atlantic airline tickets . By the way on the actual email they come up very wide.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I mean the ticket on the email comes up very wide.
How are you printing the attachment? Does the attachment contain all the info you need?

What format is the attachment?

Try opening the attachment itself from the attachments section at the top of the email. Then print it.

If that doesn't work you may need to save it to your desktop, and then open it up and print it from there.

Let me know the format the attachment is please.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am so sorry I made a mistake as it was some hours ago I printed it. The only attachments are 2 logos which are no help - could have sworn the ticket was an attachment but isn't. Many apologies.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
If you have an email address I could forward the email to you but I appreciate that you may not wish to give me your email address.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I am in London England and I am off to bed now (just so you know) I will check the site first thing in the morning.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hello ? Does no reply mean you've given up because I made a mistake ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK I have finally managed to solve it myself. For some reason if I send it wholesale to myself (at a different email address) the same thing happens but if I FORWARD IT to myself then I can print it off the right size easily. Weird huh?
bizarre solution, but good to know.

I am sorry for the lack of response early, I had to unexpectedly handle something for my kids yesterday.

FYI, they don't like us giving out email addressees, they prefer to have it do through the system only.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi
I don't know what to do in this particular situation - is it correct to pay or not? It is the first time I have used just answer so please forgive any lack of etiquette on my part.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
and sorry I was out when you replied.   Hope the situation with your kids was sorted out. I am on line now - it is 10p.m. here in London....but not going ot be on line for more than a few minutes. If no answer will check first thing in the morning. I think we are 8 hours ahead of you lot in California.....
My solution didn't resolve your problem. You can keep that payment in your account if you want to use justanswer again in the future.

Of course it is within your prerogative to hit accept if my help brought you closer to a solution, but that is totally your call.

We can also request a refund of the funds if you would rather not leave it on account at justanswer.

And, it's totally fine with me any way you want to do it.
The MacWhisperer, Professional Mac Guru
Experience: 25+ years on the Mac, 6+ years as a Mac Guru running a computer consultant company.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Well I did give you the wrong info re the attachment and had I been right about the attachment you would have helped plus you did some research all in all I will click to pay.
Many thanks for your help....Diana
Thank you Diana. You rock. If you have any other mac questions, please feel free to shoot them my way.