Dan - Master Tech
Dan - Master Tech, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  I have worked with Macs going back to the IIE. Installation, diagnostics, repair of all variations.
12940042

I have a MacBookPro and the colors on the screen are dull and

Customer Question

I have a MacBookPro and the colors on the screen are dull and not true. I have brightened the screen to the highest setting and bright colors seem to have too much black or gray. How can I calibrate the monitor to show truer colors. I'm an artist and the right colors are very much a part of my work. I have a G5 at home and the colors are beautiful on it. How can I bring the laptop colors to the same level as the desktop? Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX   littlehouseart.com
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dan - Master Tech replied 5 years ago.
GreetingsCustomer it seems as though you may have the wrong profile loaded for your MacBook Pro screen which will affect the color temperature.
Open the Displays pane of System Preferences and select the Color tab.
Select the desired color profile.

Or you can also create a custom profile by clicking the Calibrate button in the Color tab of the Displays preference pane. This will open the Display Calibrator Assistant. Using expert mode, you can choose the color temperature you prefer.

If you require further assistance please let me know. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Experience: I have worked with Macs going back to the IIE. Installation, diagnostics, repair of all variations.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks so much. I see there are many options to play with. I'll check back if I can't get what I need. You are so knowledgeable! Louise
You're very welcome and thank you for the accept. Good luck and let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with. Thank you for using Just Answer.