Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

i mistakenly downloaded a imac efi firmware that was only meant

Customer Question

i mistakenly downloaded a imac efi firmware that was only meant of intel processors, i did not see the part where it said IMPORTANT: do not interrupt the update. I stopped the update when I realized that the update was only for intel processors. now my mac is beeping with no screen.
Category: Mac
Expert:  The MacWhisperer replied 7 years ago.
If you did the download from software update, it should only download updates and firmware that is applicable for that machine.

To fix an interrupted firmware update, you will need to complete the update.... Do you have another machine to work off of?

If you restart the affected computer, and hold down the T button, does it go into target mode? (There will be a firewire symbol bouncing around the screen)?