Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

can i get satellite tv to work with my mac

Customer Question

Category: Mac
Expert:  Dan - Master Tech replied 7 years ago.
Greetings Jason, it would help me if you could be a bit more detailed about what exactly it is you are trying to do. What program were you trying to install?
I forgot to ask what version of OS X do you have and what model Mac is it?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

i have a macbook pro i bought in august.
i dont have a television and i was just wondering if i could get telivision to work on my labtop. thanks
Depending on your internet connection you should be able to receive a fairly substantial number of programs available from many providers including the major networks. What country are you located in?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
so if i get highspeed broadband from version will it work. Do you have any idea what is the best software for this application.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
sorry ididnt see the rest of the email. ilive in the UK.
Most browsers, including Safari and Firefox, will work with streaming video with help from plug-ins like Flash and Windows Media Player. While sites like TVLinks, which provided links to sites that were providing programming not entirely legally, have been shut down, there are other sites available for programs. One such site is ZeroPaid and that should get you started.
There are also hardware devices in the UK such as EyeTV which allows for satellite and free-to-air programming as well if you want to go in that direction.
If I can be of any further assistance please let me know. Thank you for using Just Answer.