Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting

Cant get my I pod touch to connect to home wifi. It did connect

Customer Question

Cant get my I pod touch to connect to home wifi. It did connect to a free wifi in a local hotel but so far no joy at home. Any suggestions? My wifi has a password XXXXX this still doesn't work when entered and the i pod is still dead!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 8 years ago.

I have heard of this happening and some have corrected it by turning on Airplane Mode, waiting and turning it back off.
Remove any saved connections and try again.
Turn off the password XXXXX on your home wireless and try. If it works, it may be the security that is preventing it from connecting.
Last resort, restore the iPod and connect it to the home network first.

If this Answer has helped you, please click Accept so I can be paid for assisting.
If not, reply back here.