The MacWhisperer
The MacWhisperer, Professional Mac Guru
Experience:  25+ years on the Mac, 6+ years as a Mac Guru running a computer consultant company.

used mac tuneup today, now cannot get permission to use time

used mac tuneup today, now cannot get permission to use time machine. Cannot shutoff computer nor access finder.
Category: Mac
Expert:  The MacWhisperer replied 8 years ago.
Is the disk still in the drive? Did you boot your computer to Mac Tuneup? If you cannot restart from the machine, you should force a shut down, by holding the power key until the screen goes black. Then you should be able to restart. If it keeps booting to the disk, when you restart hold down the mouse button, and that will force the disk to be ejected. If it is not a disk, or is stuck in some other setup, let me know. Please tell me what mac you are on, and specifically how you are accessing time machine, and what it tells you.