The MacWhisperer
The MacWhisperer, Professional Mac Guru
Experience:  25+ years on the Mac, 6+ years as a Mac Guru running a computer consultant company.

My G5 finder window is scrolling back up after I scroll down

Customer Question

My G5 finder window is scrolling back up after I scroll down and if I leave cursor over window in keeps scrolling up and down.
Category: Mac
Expert:  The MacWhisperer replied 8 years ago.
What program is this happening in?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Sorry about delay but I had to crash for the night myself. It is happening when finder is opened to get to folders and in application windows. It is the same if I use my Apple mouse or my Microsoft wireless mouse.
Try running a permissions repair. Go to the utilities folder, and open disk utility. Click on first aid, and then repair the permissions.

If that doesn't work, create a new user, and see if it happens in that user.

Let me know if it's still misbehaving, and I'll look into some other possible fixes.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
When I came home yesterday afternoon it seems to have cured itself but I am waiting until I can spend some extended time on it to make sure. I had already tried the permission repair, one of the first things I did. When I log in under my wifes user account it did not have the problem.Will wait and see what happens.
Ok. Let me know if I can help any further.