Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting
4906461

My photo booth wont open because another application is using

My photo booth wont open because another application is using the camera, How can I find the other application using the camera
What Mac and Camera do you have?

Do you use any chat programs?

Is the green light on near the camera?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
THe Photo booth camera is attached to my mac, in the center of the console. (it is part of the computer) When I try to open it it says the camera is being used by another application, quit that application and try again. I Have no other camera and I cant find the application that is using the camera
Do you use any chat programs?

Is the green light on near the camera?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I dont use any chat programs and there is no green light on near the camera. I have to leave for a couple of hours so I cant respond for a little while, Is there a way to find out what applications are open? this thing has been driving me crazy for a while, trying to figure it out,
Yes, you can do two things...

Go to your System Preferences and click on Accounts

Click on the Login Items tab for your account name

Look in the list of items and see if anything in there like iChat, AIM, or anything unusual is in there.

Or,

Open Activity Monitor from your (path to folder) Applications - Utilities Folder.

Look for anyting in here like iChat, AIM or anything that lookis like it might be using the camera.

Let me know if anything looks odd.

_____________________________________________
If this Answer has helped you, please click Accept so I can be paid for assisting.
If not, reply back here.